Make Independence a Reality
You know how much you value independence in your life. Now you can help others stay independent too.
Families in every community struggle to care for their loved ones. By becoming a companion to a frail person, you help that person stay in their own home. You will also join with thousands of others to help control the rising cost of health care. Whether you’re giving families or professional caregivers much-needed time off, running errands, or simply being a friend, you’ll make a difference that strengthens and helps preserve an individual’s independence.
Benefits of SCP
Seniors who meet income eligibility receive:
- Association with a nationally-recognized organization
- $3 per hour at 15 hours per week minimum. The stipend reimbursement is not taxable and is not in any way considered income.
- Annual recognition
- Mileage or bus fare reimbursement
- Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance Coverage while volunteering
- 40 hours of pre-service orientation, training, and on-going monthly training
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Enjoy working with seniors
- Approved health clearance by physician
- FBI, DOJ, and National Sex Offender background check clearances
SCP serves Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
For more information, please call (530) 226-3098, email [email protected] or fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.