Focused Care When It's Most Needed
It is estimated that 80 percent of all Americans will experience critical care services as a patient, family member or friend of a patient during their lifetime. We're here when you need the highest level of care.
Critical Care Medicine/ ICU
Our Critical Care Unit provides the most technically advanced and compassionate care when you need it most. Northridge Hospital is one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care for the fourth year in a row.
Top Rated Critical Care/ ICU Services
Our intensive care units provide the highest level of care available to critically ill patients. An intensivist is a physician with subspecialty training, or equivalent qualifications, in critical care medicine. An intensivist directs the care of critically ill patients and works in collaboration with other health care professionals.
The Critical Care and ICU Departments are nationally recognized for excellence by Healthgrades, a leading healthcare ratings organization.
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™ 4 Years in a Row (2013-2016)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2015-2016)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Critical Care Excellence Award™ 5 Years in a Row (2012-2016)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Critical Care 4 Years in a Row (2013-2016)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Critical Care 5 Years in a Row (2012-2016)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis 11 Years in a Row (2006-2016)
A High Level Of Skilled Nursing
Registered nurses who receive highly specialized education become certified in critical care nursing and receive designation as "CCRN."
- 32-bed Intensive and Coronary Care Unit (ICU and CCU).The Cardiovascular Unit provides around-the-clock medical attention for patients with cardiac and vascular diagnoses.
- The 22-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) cares for critically ill newborns, requiring expertise to treat the smallest, sickest, and most fragile babies.
- Our 14-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) cares for seriously ill children.
- The Telemetry unit provides around-the-clock medical attention and is considered an intermediate unit providing specialized services to patients with cardiac and pulmonary diagnosis. The Telemetry unit exists to support all medical cardiology patients requiring frequent nursing care and continuous telemetry monitoring.
We understand that you may have many questions about patient care in intensive care units . You may find it helpful to think about your questions and what you may wish to discuss with the critical care team. This guide may help you to prepare some questions to ask.