Major Surgery. Minor Incisions.
Minimally invasive da Vinci Si Robotic Surgery allows physicians to perform many procedures through incisions the size of a dime, or just one small incision (single site).
da Vinci Si Robotic Surgery
The minimally invasive da Vinci Si Robotic Surgery program at Northridge Hospital Medical Center allows physicians to perform many procedures through incisions the size of a dime or just one small incision (single site). It’s used for procedures involving the: uterus, ovaries, bladder, pancreas, liver, prostate, lungs, heart; and for weight loss and other general surgeries.
da Vinci Si (Single Incision) Robotic Surgery Features and Highlights
The da Vinci robot allows the surgeon to maneuver and control instruments in ways not humanly possible, which increases safety and accuracy.
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
For questions regarding da Vinci Robotic Si Surgery, please call 818.885.3500.
da Vinci Si Robotics Video
Motion beyond the limits of the human hand leading to less tissue damage and quicker recovery. Robots have gone from a future fantasy to today’s reality at Northridge Hospital.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
With minimally invasive da Vinci surgery, patients experience:
- Smaller/less incisions—less invasive, heals faster and requires fewer sutures
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker return to normal activities
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Fewer transfusions
Robotic Procedures available with da Vinci Si include
General Surgery Procedures
- Hiatal Hernia/Fundoplication
- Heller Myotomy
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Ventral/Incisional Hernia Repair
- Small Bowel Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder)
- Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss)
- Single Port Procedures
- Common Bile Duct Procedures
- General Oncological Procedures
- Whipple Procedures
- Lobectomy (Lung)
- Wedge Resection
- Myomectomy (fibroids)
- Ovary Surgeries
- Lysis of Adhesions
- All Abdominal Benign Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncological Procedures
- Kidney Procedures
For more information, or to find a da Vinci Si surgeon, call 844.24-ROBOT (247.6268).