Being a woman comes with a long list of many wonderful things in life, but pelvic pain is nowhere on that list. One in seven women will experience pelvic pain during her lifetime.
Our caring doctors at Dignity Health offer high-quality pelvic pain surgery to relieve your discomfort and help you get back to your life.
Diagnosing Uterine Pain Causes at Dignity Health
A number of conditions can lead to lower abdominal pain in women. Your doctor will carefully review your medical history and discuss treatment options for relieving uterus pain.
If you have any of these conditions, surgery may help:
- uterine fibroids, or non-cancerous growths on your uterus
- endometriosis, which happens when the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus develops outside of your uterus
- pelvic adhesions, which involves scar tissue inside your body caused by a previous surgery or inflammation
When other treatments or surgery have not provided relief, your doctor may suggest surgery to disconnect the nerves in the area. This gynecologic procedure can lessen or completely eliminate your pain.
Enjoying Life After Pelvic Pain Surgery
The type of surgery your doctor suggests will depend on your specific condition, as well as your overall health, age, and reproductive goals. Dignity Health performs a variety of gynecologic procedures with humankindness, including:
- hyperoscopy performed through your vagina or cervix
- laparoscopic surgery, a minimally invasive procedure that uses a tiny light and camera to see inside your body and remove the cause of your pain
- open abdominal surgery performed through an incision in your abdomen
- presacral neurectomy to disconnect pelvic nerves to relieve pain
You may spend a night or two in one of our hospitals, and your doctor may order medications to relieve any pain. Some vaginal bleeding or spotting is normal after any pelvic pain surgery.
For more information, please view our Pelvic Pain page, or Find a Doctor.