The Gastroenterology Department at Dignity Health Medical Group – Stockton offers comprehensive treatment for patients with diseases of the upper digestive tract (esophagus and stomach), the gallbladder and biliary tract, pancreas, liver and large intestine (colon and rectum).
Common symptoms associated with gastrointestinal disorders include, but are not limited to, abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, bleeding from the digestive tract, regurgitation, and difficulty swallowing.
Our board certified gastroenterologists who offer comprehensive treatment through consultative services, inpatient/outpatient care, and procedures.
Common Disorders/Diseases treated:
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Peptic Ulcers, Gastritis, and Helicobacter pylori (infection of the stomach)
- Varices (varicose veins of the GI tract)
- Diseases of the small intestine
- Inflammatory diseases of the GI tract, such as Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Pancreatitis, Gallstones and Cholecystitis
- Tumors (benign and malignant) of the GI tract, such as Esophageal, Gastric and Colon Cancers
- Cirrhosis, Hepatitis (such as B and C) and fatty liver
- Upper/Lower GI bleeding
Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures include:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) – Endoscopy of upper GI Tract
- Colonoscopy Screenings & Diagnostic – Endoscopy of the lower digestive tract
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Examination of the biliary system and pancreas
- Esophageal Dilation
- Endoscopic Stenting
- Purcutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy
- Endoscopic Hemostatic Therapy
Common symptoms associated with gastrointestinal disorders include, but are not limited to: