Overview of period management
As many as 14 percent of all women experience irregular menstruation or abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding. Period management is the use of medical interventions to address these issues and control the menstrual period.
If you are experiencing irregular or heavy periods, our gynecologists at Dignity Health are here to offer personalized period management in AZ, CA, & NV. Find a Doctor near you and make an appointment today.
Healthy period management
Menstruation is a normal biologic function. Beginning in puberty and continuing until menopause, most women experience a menstrual period about once a month. But for some women, menstruation is irregular, painful, and disruptive. Our gynecologists have years of experience in menstrual period management and can help you with:
- Painful menstrual periods
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (a medical condition characterized by severe depression, tension, and irritability about a week before a woman’s menstrual period)
- Menstrual periods that last longer than seven days
- Abnormally heavy bleeding (soaking a tampon or pad in one hour or less during your period)
- Physical or developmental disabilities that make it difficult to manage menstruation