Overview of women's health services
As a woman, you have specific health care needs and face unique health issues. Dignity Health’s women’s services connect you with a doctor who can help you prevent, treat, and manage a variety of conditions.
Your unique women’s health care needs
Our doctors in women’s services commonly diagnose and treat issues related to the following:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Bladder issues, including urinary incontinence
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cervical dysplasia
- Sexually transmitted diseases or infections
- Menstrual disorders
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic pain
- Uterine fibroids
If you have or think you have one of the conditions mentioned above, find a clinic near you.
Women’s services offered at Dignity Health
Although women share many common health concerns, no two women are alike. Your doctor will carefully assess your health and will take the time to learn about your family history, past medical history, lifestyle, personal preferences, and current concerns. Your doctor will answer your questions and carefully explain any proposed tests or treatments. Together, you will select strategies to protect and enhance your health, which may include:
- Annual exams: These checkups assess your overall health and can also include family planning services.
- Cancer care: Women can receive screening, diagnosis, and treatment for most types of cancer, including breast and gynecological cancer.
- Cardiovascular care: One in four women die of heart disease. Woman-focused cardiovascular care helps women identify, manage, and treat cardiovascular concerns, including high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries, heart attack, and stroke.
- Maternity care: New mothers can receive customized care through pregnancy, labor and delivery, and postnatal care.
- Gynecology procedures and treatments: These include cryotherapy, endometrial ablation, endometrial biopsy, fibroid removal, hysterectomy, hysteroscopy, loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP), minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, pelvic pain surgery, pudendal nerve decompression, removal of adhesions (scar tissue), removal of ovaries (oophorectomy), removal of extensive endometriosis, tubal ligation, and gender reassignment.
If you are in need of women’s health care, our doctors at Dignity Health offer individualized women’s services in CA, NV, and AZ. Find a Doctor and make an appointment today.