In addition to staffing our Level 1 Trauma Centers at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center and Chandler Regional Medical Center, our surgeons provide comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis and surgical treatment for a wide variety of conditions in our outpatient practices. Our surgeons provide the most advanced—and minimally invasive—procedures available to minimize complications and maximize patient outcomes. We stand by the philosophy of providing compassionate, high-quality, patient-centered, and team-based care. To top it off, our surgeons are also actively involved in clinical research, using the latest research findings in their practice to best instruct medical students and residents, while ensuring that their patients receive top-notch care.
Our surgical specialties are offered at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Chandler Regional Medical Center, and in a variety of outpatient surgery centers, in partnership with USPI. Regardless of which facility you choose for surgery, you will receive excellent care by our dedicated and passionate surgical staff.
Our multidisciplinary approach
Dignity Health Medical Group surgeons believe in a team approach to surgical care. Multidisciplinary teams are utilized to provide an evidence based approach to the treatment of your disease and its symptoms. We believe that good patient education is good medicine and we work to educate patients about risk factors and lifestyle changes that can help prevent disease.
In addition to utilizing a team-based approach to care, all of Dignity Health Medical Group’s surgeons are either board-certified or working towards their board certification. When you choose a physician who is certified, you can be confident he or she meets nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge, experience and skills to provide high quality care in a specific medical specialty, above and beyond basic medical licensure.
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Breast biopsies and breast cancer treatment including robotic mastectomies
- Endocrine Surgery (thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal surgery)
- Oncological Surgery (cancerous mass and melanoma excision)
- Appendectomy (removal of appendix)
- Colon/Colorectal Surgery (mass, cancer, hemorrhoids, bowel obstruction, and surgeries related to diverticulitis)
- Gallbladder (including gallstones and gallbladder disease)
- Gastrointestinal surgeries (including surgeries related to cancer)
- Hernia Surgery
- Intra-abdominal masses (not related to ovarian, uterus or kidney)
- Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery
- Liver, Spleen, and Pancreatic Surgery
- Lymph node biopsy
- Metabolic surgery
- Nerve and muscle biopsies
- Screening and diagnostic endoscopy (EGD, colonoscopy)
- Soft tissue and skin masses (lipomas, sebaceous cyst, sarcoma, melanoma)
- Trauma Surgery
- Wound and Ostomy Care
*This service is only offered at DHMG Surgical Specialties – St. Joseph’s and not at DHMG Surgical Specialties – Chandler Regional