These crepes are easy to make and super good for you. The spelt flour is a high-fiber whole grain that helps keep cholesterol levels low. Using almond milk instead of regular milk replaces saturated fat with monounsaturated fat, which can help prevent blocked arteries. This recipe and video were produced by Tastemade.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 cup spelt flour
3 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix spelt flour and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk, applesauce, and coconut oil.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Mix everything together well with a whisk. Batter should be the consistency of thin cream - if not, add more milk.
- Heat a crepe pan or large griddle pan and pour one soup ladle size full of batter into the hot pan. Lift and swirl your pan around to coat the entire surface of pan with batter. It should be thin.
- Cook for 1 minute on medium heat until edges become slightly brown and curl slightly. Flip crepe and cook quickly (less than a minute) minute to finish.
- Serve hot off the griddle. Can be topped with pure maple syrup, fruit preserves, fresh bananas, peanut butter, and more.