Robotic Colorectal Surgery
Call us: 855.522.6457
If you’re facing colorectal surgery, you want the most experienced and skilled surgeons possible. At Dignity Health, our colorectal specialists are robotic-trained surgeons .
We offer minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System to treat colorectal conditions such as:
- Colon cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)
- Rectal cancer
How Does Robotic Colorectal Surgery Differ from Traditional Surgery?
Traditional colorectal surgery requires a large abdominal incision. These procedures have significant drawbacks, including pain, trauma, a long recovery and risk of infection.
Using the most advanced technology available today, the da Vinci Surgical System allows our surgeons to operate through a few tiny incisions with the help of 3-D images. This technology gives them increased precision and control—and can even be used for complex procedures like low anterior resection or colectomy, which removes a portion of the colon.
Why Choose Dignity Health for Robot-assisted Colorectal Surgery?
Dignity Health offers a comprehensive robotic surgery program, delivering a host of potential benefits, including:
- Documented excellent clinical outcomes for cancer control
- Less risk of damaging nerves that control urinary and sexual function
- Quicker return to bowel function
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery
- Less blood loss, pain and scarring
- Less risk of infection and post-operative complications