Robotic Colorectal Surgery
Call us: 855.522.6457
If you need colorectal surgery, your mind will be most at ease with the most experienced and skilled surgeons by your side. At Dignity Health, our colorectal specialists are robotic-trained surgeons.
We offer minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System to treat colorectal conditions such as:
- colon cancer
- inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)
- rectal cancer
How Does Robotic Colorectal Surgery Differ from Traditional Surgery?
Traditional colorectal surgery requires a large abdominal incision. Such large incisions have significant drawbacks, including pain, trauma, a long recovery, and risk of infection.
Using the most advanced technology available today, the da Vinci Surgical System allows our surgeons to operate through a few tiny incisions with the help of 3D images. Therefore, robotic colorectal surgery increases surgical precision and control and can even be used for complex procedures like low anterior resection or colectomy.
Why Choose Dignity Health for Robot-Assisted Colorectal Surgery?
Dignity Health offers a comprehensive robotic surgery program that delivers a host of potential benefits, including:
- documented excellent clinical outcomes for cancer control
- less risk of damaging nerves that control urinary and sexual function
- quicker return to bowel function
- shorter hospital stay
- faster recovery
- less blood loss, pain, and scarring
- less risk of infection and post-operative complications