- Have asthma symptoms every day and often at night that cause you to limit your activities?
- Not meet the goals of your asthma treatment after three to six months, or are not responding to your current treatment?
- Have symptoms that are unusual or hard to diagnose?
- Experience co-existing conditions such as severe hay fever or sinusitis that complicate asthma or its diagnosis?
- Feel you need more tests to find out more about their asthma and the causes of symptoms?
- Need more help and instruction on treatment plans, medicines or asthma triggers?
- Want more information about being helped by allergy shots?
- Need oral corticosteroid therapy or high-dose inhaled corticosteroids?
- Need help to identify asthma triggers?
- Taken oral corticosteroids more than twice in one year?
- Stayed in a hospital because of asthma?
- Had a diagnosis of asthma that is in doubt?
- Had a life-threatening asthma attack?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, ask your doctor to refer you to an Asthma Care specialist. Once you have been evaluated, a referral to an allergist, immunologist or pulmonologist may be offered if deemed necessary.
Learn More About our Asthma Care Specialists
To learn more about our services and how we can help, please call us at (888) 314-3627 or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.