Woodland Healthcare offers several educational opportunities for those whose lives are impacted by the diagnosis of diabetes.
Diabetes Group Education – Woodland Clinic (Dignity Health Medical Foundation)
Classes are held in Woodland Clinic Medical Office Building Classroom
632 W. Gibson Road, Woodland
(located at the far west end of the building, by the fish tanks)
Groups are facilitated by Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator, and clinic medical providers
Information discussed in a group setting includes:
- Diabetes management
- Medication response and lab values
- Meal planning and heart-healthy eating
- Exercise and weight management
- Glucose monitoring and how to manage blood sugars
Please ask your provider for a referral or contact Jean Dorris, RN, in the Patient Centered Medical Home department, at (530) 668-2600
Individual Diabetic Education Appointments
Ask your healthcare provider to set up an appointment, or call to schedule an appointment, (530) 668-2600, Woodland Clinic – Patient Centered Medical Home department
Diabetes Education Classes in Spanish
Woodland Healthcare Education Services Department offers six-week self-management education programs in Spanish. They are open to the community and free of charge.
- “Tomando Control de su Salud”, taught by Herman Varela, includes information about diet, exercise, meal planning, disease management, and glucose monitoring. Contact Herman to register: (530) 669-5531.