At Dignity Health, our skilled surgeons are specialists in minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques, including the da Vinci robotic surgery and advanced laparoscopic procedures.
Our board-certified surgeons are experts in the following procedures:
- adrenalectomy: the removal of one or both of the adrenal glands
- colectomy: the removal of all or part of the colon
- hernia repair: corrects the defect in the abdominal wall so that the intestines don't bulge out
- Nissen fundoplication: tightens the muscles where the esophagus and the stomach meet to correct gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- splenectomy: the removal of all or part of the spleen
Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery
Traditional open surgery involves making a large incision to treat a disease or condition. The recovery time is usually long, and, as with any surgery, there could be an infection resulting from the large incision or internal bleeding.
Dignity Health specialists perform minimally invasive surgery, which only requires small incisions. Laparoscopic surgery offers patients a host of potential benefits, such as:
- faster recovery
- decreased blood loss, pain, and scarring
- less risk of infection and post-operative complications
- shorter hospital stay
Common Conditions We Treat
Dignity Health surgeons use laparoscopic surgery to treat a variety of diseases and conditions, including abdominal and gynecologic disorders, as well as gynecologic cancers.
- gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- pancreatic cysts
- parathyroid conditions
- small bowel disease
For more information, please view our Minimally Invasive Surgery page, or call us to Find a Doctor.