Help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Certain behavior changes can help prevent the spread of Coronavirus in our communities. Many states have implemented orders restricting large gatherings and asking people to stay home. People are also encouraged to practice “social distancing” by avoiding crowds and remaining six (6) feet apart from each other while in public places.
Preventing Transmission – Here are a few additional actions you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding crowds and remaining 6 feet apart from each other while in public places.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wear a cloth face covering when you go out in public, for example the grocery store or to pick up necessities.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like countertops, door handles, faucets, and phones.
- If you need medical care and have COVID-19 symptoms, call ahead first.