Dignity Health to Highlight How Innovation is Changing Health Care Delivery during HIMSS 2016
SAN FRANCISCO – February 29, 2016 – Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health systems, announced it will participate in three sessions during the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas, NV from February 29, 2016 - March 4, 2016. The sessions will demonstrate how technology has helped Dignity Health reduce costs, improve patient experience and outcomes, and increase access to care.
"At Dignity Health, we are committed to developing partnerships and opportunities that harness the tremendous potential of technology, from improving the patient experience to providing caregivers with tools that will support their day-to-day care decisions," said Lloyd Dean, president and CEO of Dignity Health. "During HIMSS, we will highlight how we blend innovation with the real world experience of our caregivers to enact positive change, such as increased efficacy and improved quality of care."
One of the presentations will feature Dignity Health's partnership with SAS, the leader in analytics, and how Dignity Health's pilot sepsis bio-surveillance program helped reduce sepsis mortality at 16 facilities. With the use of analytics, Dignity Health enabled health care providers to proactively manage potential risks, resulting in reduced mortality, shorter length of stay in the intensive care unit and an overall reduction in costs. On average, 69,000 lives a month were monitored during the initial rollout of the program, which yielded in the following:.
- Average mortality rate for sepsis patients decreased by 7.25 percent
- Average severe sepsis rate decreased by 14.9 percent
- Physician response time with sepsis bundle orders was reduced by nearly 51 percent
The full list of sessions that Dignity Health will participate in include:
- HX360: Innovation in Major Health Care Delivery Systems: Reality versus Rhetoric
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 from 8:00 am PST - 9:15 am PST
- Panelists include: Lloyd Dean, president and CEO, and Rich Roth, chief strategic innovation officer, Dignity Health
- HIMSS: Shattering the Glass Ceiling: Lessons Learned for Aspiring Female Executives
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 from 1:00 pm PST - 2:00 pm PST
- Presenter: Deanna Wise, chief information officer, Dignity Health
- HIMSS: Sepsis Bio-Surveillance Program at Dignity Health
- Thursday, March 3, 2016 from 2:30 pm PST - 3:30 pm PST
- Presenters: Dr. Joseph Colorafi, vice president and chief medical information officer, and Alyson D'Andrea, RN, clinical analyst at Dignity Health
About Dignity Health
Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, is a 21-state network of 9,000 physicians, 59,000 employees, and more than 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY15, Dignity Health provided $1.7 billion in charitable care and services. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.