Surgical Bra (first 2 weeks)
At the time of surgery, you will be placed in a special post-augmentation bra designed to support your new breasts. This bra also has a strap which presses down from above in order to help your implants reach their final position more quickly. This bra should be worn at all times, night and day, for two weeks. You may remove it to shower or to launder the garment.
Transition Bra (2) weeks to 3 months)
After two weeks, you may stop wearing the surgical bra and wear a non-underwire, supportive. This should still be worn both night and day for an additional two weeks. After four weeks from the date of your surgery, you may stop wearing a bra at night. Continue to wear a supportive, non-underwire bra for two more months before returning to underwire bras.
- Spanx by Sarah Blakely: Highly recommended by our patients as uplifting supportive without hooks
- Glamorise® Leisure / Sleep Bra: Front hook closure
- Body by Victoria® Ipex Wireless Bra: Full coverage bra
- Very Sexy Infinity Edge Wireless Pushup
- Angel's Infinity Edge Wireless
Long Term Bra (3+ months
Usually by three months after your surgery can return to wearing an underwire bra. However, underwire bras may rub on the incision site, potentially causing mild discomfort. Also, since the incision itself has less feeling than normal tissue, you may not notice site irritation. If you choose to wear underwire bras, pay attention to your incision site to ensure it is tolerating your bra.
- Le Mystere No.9: Specially designed to complement augmented breasts. www.LeMystere.com
- Victoria's Secret: Wide selection of bra's, very helpful staff for determining your new bra size and aiding in selecting a bra right for you. www.VictoriasSecret.com