As you age, your facial skin begins to sag, creating jowls and loose skin around the neck. These effects can diminish your self-confidence and highlight your age. If you’d like to combat these natural effects of time, a facelift may be the answer for you. A facelift can make you look and feel younger, giving you a more youthful, refreshed and happy appearance.
For men and women over 40, a facelift may be considered if you’d like to:
- Correct sagging skin
- Improve deep creases below the lower eyelids and along the nose
- Tighten loose skin under the chin and jaw
During your facelift, our plastic surgeons will work to give you a natural look, not the pulled back telltale "plastic surgery face." When you meet with one of our plastic surgery specialists, you and your surgeon may discuss:
- The refined look you envision post-surgery
- Realistic expectations based on your natural facial structure
- Different procedure types that may be used to achieve the most positive outcome; facelifts are often coupled with other facial procedures such as an eyelid surgery or forehead lift to achieve optimal results
Dignity Health Medical Foundation face lifts are performed under local anesthesia with sedation and usually require several hours of detailed surgery. After your surgery, you will be comforted in our recovery area, allowing you time to ensure a smooth transition home. Prior to leaving, your surgeon will discuss with you post-operative instructions.
You should expect to experience some temporary bruising and swelling after your facelift. Your facial skin may feel numb and tender, as well as dry, and you may experience a "tight" sensation around your face and neck. The healing process for a face lift is gradual, with the full effect normally seen after six months.