Heart & Vascular Care
Mercy Medical Group has one of the largest, most experienced and most renowned cardiovascular teams in the nation. From advanced diagnosis and treatment to rehabilitation and prevention, Mercy Medical Group offers a full range of heart and vascular services, including the latest in minimally invasive robotic surgery and cutting-edge valve repair. With a variety of locations in the Greater Sacramento Area, you can find a Fellowship-trained cardiologist near you.
Conditions We Treat
Mercy Medical Group’s team of cardiologists diagnose and treat a full range of cardiovascular conditions using the most advanced tools and technology available today. Our approach to care also includes working with your primary care physicians to help you manage your overall health to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Diagnostic & Interventional Cardiac Care
Mercy Medical Group’s Fellowship-trained cardiologists provide exceptional diagnostic and interventional care. Our physicians can often prevent the need for invasive surgery through a successful interventional procedure.
Among the diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures offered by Mercy Medical Group cardiologists:
- Cardiac catheterization (diagnostic and interventional)
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Echocardiograms and cardiac stress testing
- Peripheral artery disease diagnosis and intervention
- Radial artery access cardiac catheterization
Mercy Medical Group’s cardiac team includes specially trained electrophysiologists who can diagnose and treat rhythm problems within the heart. Our cardiologists are trained in the newest surgical techniques and treatments to offer our patients more options for a better quality of life.
Among the services offered by Mercy Medical Group electrophysiologists:
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants
- Electrophysiology and arrhythmia care
- Watchman device implants for patients with atrial fibrillation
Cardiac Surgery Services
Mercy Medical Group includes the top-rated cardiac surgery team in California and our outcomes are among the most successful in the nation. We are a leader in all aspects of advanced cardiac surgery, including:
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery such as mitral valve repair using the daVinci® robotic-assisted surgical system
- Advanced surgical techniques like complex repairs of the aorta, including the first aortic valve replacement that can be implanted without using open-heart surgery
- Procedures using advanced techniques such as robotic-assisted catheter ablation
- Access to the most advanced facilities and equipment, including hybrid cardiac catheterization/surgery suites
Vascular Surgery Services
Mercy Medical Group offers patients enhanced vascular services, including both catheter-based (endovascular) treatments and vascular surgery procedures, including:
- Repair of blocked arteries using outpatient procedures
- Treatment for Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Surgical repair of arterial blockages in the extremities and carotid artery
Experts in Matters of the Heart
Women are born multi-taskers. And they experience issues related to their heart differently than men.
Women’s Heart Health
Mercy Medical Group’s team of cardiologists use heartfelt expertise to provide exceptional care to treat and prevent heart disease. Since women are more likely to ignore the symptoms associated with heart disease, our team works with you to:
- Pinpoint your individual risk factors
- Minimize risk, adjust diet, medication, and create exercise routines
- Achieve your heart healthy goals
Heart Health Classes and Support Group
In conjunction with the Dignity Health Heart & Vascular Institute, we offer a variety of screenings and classes aimed at equipping you with the tools necessary to lead a heart healthy lifestyle. Regardless of your age, gender or family history, there is much you can do to improve your heart health. Let us show you the way to a healthier lifestyle!
Heart and Vascular Resources
Meet Our Teams
Meet the Mercy Medical Group Heart and Vascular Teams: