The Sports Medicine Department at Mercy Medical Group is committed to keeping athletes of all ages safely competing in their sport or activity. An emphasis is made on understanding each injury, as well as taking part in the intricate recovery and return to play process. Our goal is to get each patient back to the highest level of activity possible, in the safest manner possible.
Conditions We Treat
We specialize in non-operative medical treatment of musculoskeletal sports conditions. Common examples of conditions that we treat include:
- Acute injuries (such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries)
- Overuse injuries (such as tendonitis)
We utilize a team approach with our orthopedists and podiatrists to streamline the treatment process and expedite care, making direct referrals when necessary.
Your Convenience is Our Priority
Mercy Medical Group understands the importance and convenience of having everything you need in one location. We provide same-day access for broken bones and emergencies. If we're contacted in the morning we can often provide a same-day appointment.
When you visit our clinics you will have access to the following services and providers:
- Same-day appointment (call 916.536.2408 for details)
- Direct care from your provider
- Diagnostic imaging (allowing convenient, immediate X-rays, resulting in same-day evaluations)
- Casting technician (providing immediate, on-site casting)
- Laboratory services
- Direct referrals to the orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, physical therapy and diagnostic studies
Our sports medicine care is offered at three locations, our Big Horn office in Elk Grove, the Midtown office on Q Street in Sacramento, and the San Juan office on Coyle Avenue in Carmichael.