Nothing turns a person’s life upside down quite like the diagnosis of cancer. That’s why, at Mercy Medical Group, we take a holistic approach to cancer treatment, caring for the whole person—physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Our board-certified team consists of:
- Diagnostic and imaging specialists: Mercy Imaging Centers’ doctors work alongside our cancer care team to help prevent or diagnose cancer at its earliest stage possible.
- Medical oncologists: These are the doctors who coordinate and oversee a patient’s medical care from initial diagnosis throughout the course of the disease and also into remission. They specialize in use of medications, such as chemotherapy, hormones and targeted therapies.
- Radiation oncologists: These specialists use ionizing radiation in the treatment of cancer. Radiation can be given as a curative technique, either alone or in combination with surgery and/or chemotherapy.
- Oncology surgeons: These are doctors who focus on the surgical management of tumors, including thoracic surgeons, urologists, general surgeons, among others.
In partnership with Dignity Health Cancer Institute of Greater Sacramento, every member of our cancer care team works closely together—consulting and communicating every step of the way—to ensure you and your family receive the best possible treatment. We offer specialized treatment in all aspects of cancer care, including:
- Hormone therapy
- Biological therapy
- Radiation oncology
- Breast cancer surgery
- Colorectal cancer surgery
- Gynecologic oncology
- Lung and esophageal cancer surgery
- Prostate cancer surgery
Learn More About our Cancer Care Specialists
To learn more about our services and how we can help, please call us at 916.379.2888 or use our online feature, Find a Doctor tool.