We stand by the philosophy to provide compassionate, patient-centered care.
Dignity Health's surgical specialists provide complete evaluation, diagnosis and surgical treatment for a wide variety of diseases. When possible, minimally invasive procedures are used to minimize complications and maximize survival rates and patient outcomes.
We stand by the philosophy to provide compassionate, patient-centered care. We believe that good patient education is good medicine and believe in working with you to educate you about risk factors and lifestyle changes that can help prevent disease.
Centers of Excellence
St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center is proud to be an accredited SRC Center of Excellence in robotic surgery. Earning SRC’s robotic accreditation signifies our ability to deliver the safest and highest-quality care to our patient. Our commitment to this process has focused our team on exceeding clinical benchmarks and guidelines. Read more.
We are also an accredited SRC Center of Excellence in Colorectal Surgery. The COECS program identifies surgeons and facilities that provide excellent colorectal surgical care and are dedicated to continuously improving healthcare quality and patient safety.
Surgical Services Offered
Our surgeons provide surgical services related to:
- Adrenal Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Biopsies and Breast Cancer Treatment
- Colon (mass, cancer, bowel obstruction, and surgeries related to diverticulitis)
- Gastrointestinal surgeries (hernias, reflux)
- Gallbladder (including gallstones and gallbladder disease)
- Intra-abdominal masses (not related to ovarian, uterus or kidney)
- Liver and Pancreatic Disease
- Lymph node biopsy
- Metabolic surgery
- Nerve and Muscle Biopsies
- Robotic surgery
- Screening and diagnostic endoscopy (EGD, colonoscopy)
- Soft tissue and skin masses (lipomas, sebaceous cyst, sarcoma, melanoma)
- Thyroid and parathyroid
St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center features robotic surgery options to treat a variety of medical issues. We offer the minimally invasive, robotic-assisted procedures, including:
- Bariatric surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Hernia repair surgery
- Urologic surgery
Find a Surgeon
To find a surgeon, please call 602.406.7564.