St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center is a not-for-profit, 24 bed inpatient hospital. Our focus is patient care and patient satisfaction. We offer many services for both patients and visitors, to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Visitors' policy and hours:
Dignity Health - St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center remains committed to delivering the best possible care for our patients, while keeping our staff and patients safe. This may result in periodic adjustments to our visitors’ policy and visiting hours.
To help reduce the increasing spread of COVID-19, visiting hours are now 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., one (1) visitor per day per patient, effective immediately (January 24, 2022).
There are a number of changes to our visitors’ policy, please read through the pertinent details.
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day.
- One (1) adult visitor is allowed during visiting hours, but due to the recent surge of the Omicron variant, only one person at a time allowed in the patient's room.
- No one under the age of 18 may visit the patient.
Emergency room patient
- No visitors allowed at this time.
- One (1) adult visitor age 18 or older may wait in the designated waiting areas or lobbies while the patient undergoes same-day surgery or a procedure.
NICU, labor and delivery patient
- One (1) adult visitor is allowed, but only one person at a time allowed in the patient's room.
- Each COVID-19 patient and/or family member designee must identify one adult person as the COVID patient’s visitor for the duration of the hospital stay.
- The designated visitor will undergo screening in the front lobby and training in the department. The training will include a handout on how to apply and remove personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as PPE, usage and visitation rules. PPE includes a gown, gloves, mask and eye protection.
- COVID patient visiting hours are between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes every 24 hours.
- Hospital-provided PPE must be correctly worn by all visitors seeing COVID patients at all times while in the room. PPE should only be removed upon exiting the patient’s room.
- COVID patient visitors should limit movement to public areas of the hospital, such as the café, Starbucks, and the gift shop.
*Adult visitors must be at least 18 years of age.
As a reminder, all visitors undergo a screening process which includes a series of screening questions and a temperature check. Any visitor showing any signs and symptoms of illness, a temperature of 100º degrees or higher, and/or is COVID-19 positive, will not be allowed into the hospital.
We provide all visitors with a well fitted face mask that must be worn while in the hospital. Visitors may not eat or drink while visiting patients and are asked to remain in the patient’s room at all times.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines.