It’s important that if you are facing an emergency, you do not delay care. Call 911 or proceed immediately to the nearest emergency room. Here are examples of symptoms or emergencies where you should always seek emergency treatment:
- High fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Heart attack: Chest pain or discomfort, upper body pain or discomfort, shortness of breath (especially if coupled with jaw pain, fatigue, nausea, sweating and sudden dizziness)
- Stroke: Face drooping, arm weakness, speech difficulty
- Deep cuts, lacerations, or skin infections
- Broken bones or traumatic injuries
- Severe abdominal or stomach pain
- Worsening symptoms related to chronic/ongoing conditions
Don’t hesitate to get the care you need when you need it. You can also use our online arrival system, so our emergency care team will be alerted that you’re on your way. See available arrival times at DignityHealth.org/ER.
No matter which Dignity Health emergency room you visit, our focus is safety first, healing always.