Why Dignity Health East Valley?
To thrive, kindness-focused health care must have a skilled and cohesive team – with facilities and services that exceed community expectations. In choosing the graduate medical education program at Dignity Health East Valley, you will experience expert and compassionate care provided by teams who are committed to delivering humankindness every day.
Dignity Health East Valley Chandler Regional and Mercy Gilbert Medical Centers provide nationally recognized acute care through quaternary diagnostic, medical, surgical and ancillary services to one of the fastest growing areas of the United States. Situated less than a 20-minute drive from each other, together these two medical centers provide world-class care in an ideal environment in which to work and learn.
What distinguishes Dignity Health’s East Valley medical centers?
Our noteworthy services
- Full service emergency departments, including a Level 1 Trauma Center at Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Family birth centers (Baby Friendly Designation for Mercy Gilbert Medical Center)
- Women’s and Children’s Pavilion (under construction, in collaboration with Phoenix Children’s – opening 2023)
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgical services
- Norton Thoracic Institute
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic oncology services and programs, in addition to other cancer subspecialties
- Bariatrics, cardiovascular, digestive health, neuroscience, orthopedics, and more
- Robust clinical trials and research
Our collective numbers*
- 626 beds
- More than 40,000 admissions
- More than 24,000 surgeries
- More than 7,000 babies delivered
- More than 101,000 emergency room visits
- Three associated urgent care centers
Chandler Regional Medical Center*
- 2,546 employees
- 1,141 credentialed physicians
- 120 volunteers
- $53.8 million in community benefit
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center*
- 1,354 employees
- 1,241 credentialed physicians
- 128 volunteers<
- $23.1 million community benefit