REQUEST FOR SPONSORSHIP OR DONATION
Dignity Health in Arizona is committed to supporting charitable events that align with our mission, vision and values and are restricted to a community benefit purpose as outlined by the IRS Form 990 Schedule H guidelines.
Community Benefit is defined as addressing a demonstrated community need and meet a community benefit objective:
- Access to Care - i.e. uninsured and underinsured
- Cancer - i.e. breast, colorectal, lung, cervical
- Chronic Disease - i.e diabetes, heart disease, asthma
- Mental and Behavioral Health - i.e. anxiety, depression, substance abuse, suicide
- Overweight/Obesity - i.e. poor eating habits, lack of exercise
- Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Social Determinants of Health - i.e. homelessness, food insecurity, transportation, psychosocial circumstances, racial and ethnic disparities
- Social Injustice
- Trauma/Injury Prevention - i.e. unintended injuries, including traffic-related, falls, burns, poisonings, drownings
Some contributions may be considered community building, and examples are outlined below. Charitable contributions that count towards community building as well as sponsorships/donations to arts/cultural organizations or events where community benefit restrictions are not outlined will be given less weight when funding decisions are made.
- Physical improvement and housing
- Economic Development
- Community support
- Environmental improvements
- Leadership development/training for community members
- Coalition building
- Community health improvement advocacy
- Workforce development
We receive many requests for financial sponsorships. While supportive in spirit of all approaches that encourage positive community improvements, we are limited in providing financial support to projects we view as most closely aligned with our core mission, values and addressing one of the community benefit objectives above.
The Dignity Health Arizona Service Area Facilities include:
- Arizona General Hospital
- Barrow Neurological Institute
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Dignity Health Medical Group
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center
- Yavapai Regional Medical Center
As CommonSpirit Health, we make the healing presence of God known in our world by improving the health of the people we serve, especially those who are vulnerable, while we advance social justice for all.
A healthier future for all – inspired by faith, driven by innovation, and powered by our humanity.
- Care with listening, empathy and love.
- Accompany and comfort those in need of healing.
- Celebrate each person’s gifts and voice.
- Respect the dignity of all.
- Inspire trust through honesty.
- Demonstrate courage in the face of inequity.
- Serve with fullest passion, creativity.
- Exceed expectations of others and ourselves.
- Commit to the power of working together.
- Build and nurture meaningful relationships.