Emergency Room Services
When an emergency arises, there is no time to gather recommendations or referrals. It is best to prepare your family for an emergency—and know where to go for the right care right away. St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center emergency department is part of a nationally recognized healing hospital system and our commitment to our patients is to restore and heal the body, mind and spirit with humankindness.
Choosing the Right Emergency Services
We offer a range of care backed by the depth of expertise in orthopedics and surgical services. When you choose St. Joseph’s Westgate, you have access to additional specialists, sub-specialists, and state-of-the art equipment, reducing the need to be transferred to another hospital.
Emergency services include:
- 24-hour on-site access to specialized digital diagnostic imaging equipment (CT)
- Specialty and sub-specialty doctor
- Board certified doctors and registered nurses trained in adult and pediatric emergency medicine
- On-site pharmacy and laboratory
- Convenient parking for patients and visitors
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hospital
Fast and Efficient Emergency Room Care
Take advantage of our InQuicker online tool by selecting your estimated hospital arrival time and wait at home until your time to be seen. You will check-in with an admitting nurse and on average can expect to see a doctor in less than 20 minutes. A St. Joseph’s Westgate emergency department doctor will assess your situation and determine the next appropriate level of care.
Our levels of care are broken into three parts:
- Fast Track - patients with minor emergencies such as cuts or broken bones will receive treatment and go home to recover.
- Treat and anticipate disposition - patients in need of short-term medication or intravenous treatment for dehydration from conditions such as the flu or food poisoning.
- Acute Care - patients requiring immediate interventions or intensive monitoring as a result of a stroke or a heart attack.
Online ER Waiting Service
Waiting in an emergency room when you are not feeling well is never fun - but InQuicker can reduce your waiting time in the ER.
Learn More About St. Joseph’s Westgate Emergency Department
Remember it is better to prepare for an emergency before it happens. We offer tips on how to be ready when it is time to seek emergency care on this site. For more information about our emergency services, please call 602.406.0000.