Sequoia Guest House
The Guest House provides temporary accommodations for patients and their loved ones when patients have procedures scheduled at Sequoia Hospital and meet certain criteria (see below).
The Guest House is a communal environment and requires mutual cooperation and consideration among Sequoia Hospital patients staying there. The Guest House has eight bedrooms, and shared three full baths and one half bath. The house has a shared kitchenette (refrigerator and microwave) for all guests’ use, as well as shared living and dining rooms. Reservations in our Guest House are received and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Available only to patients and their adult relatives and/or patient caregivers/advocates (“loved ones”) when the patient’s situation is such that they:
- Elected to have a medical procedure at Sequoia, and
- Lives outside of a distance approximating or exceeding 90 miles from Sequoia Hospital (170 Alameda de las Pulgas, Redwood City, CA 94062).
- Children under 16 (and pets of any kind are not eligible guests)
- Sequoia Hospital employees are not eligible guests.
- Patients/ loved ones with any communicable disease
- Patients/ loved ones requiring ventilator support
- Patients/ loved ones with a draining wound
- All guests must be able to function independently and communicate effectively with others.
- Guests must be physically able to move up and down 2 front stairs, stairs in the back of the house and elevation changes which constitute an emergency exit route, and manage to move through the Guest House without the need for wheelchairs or walkers, since the Guest House is not wheelchair accessible.
- Room fee is $40 per night for eligible guests. This fee is a requirement to ensure we comply with federal and state laws. The fee may not be billed to insurance and is not likely eligible for an HSA account.
- Full payment is required at registration.
- Only major credit cards are accepted to make payment (VISA, MasterCard, Discovery)
- Lost Key Charges: If the key for the room is not returned at checkout, the guest will be charged $50 per key.
- Damaged or Missing Furnishing Charges: Amount to be based on cost of replacement. The Inventory Control Sheet of all furnishings provided at Guest House is on file with the Guest Services staff.
- In the event that you need to cancel, modify your reservation or need a refund, please call Guest Services staff at (650) 261-6848
- 8 private bedrooms
- Some of our rooms include two twin beds (XL) and some include a Queen bed. Rooms will be assigned on Check-In day.
- Only one room per patient family is available for reservations.
- Guest(s) may stay a maximum of 5 (five) nights.
- Amenities include:
- Shared 3 full bathrooms, and one half bathroom;
- Soap, bedding and towels provided; other toiletries not included
- Living dining room furnishings
- Kitchenette (refrigerator and microwave only)
- The Guest House does not provide meals
- Complimentary use of washer and dryer
- Complimentary use of wireless internet
- Beautifully landscaped private backyard and patio area
- Parking is complimentary and available in the parking garage adjacent to the Guest House.
- Parking at the Guest House is prohibited except for loading/unloading and service vehicles.
- Transportation to and from the Guest House is not provided by the hospital.
- Walking to the hospital from the Guest House is approximately equivalent to 250 steps, which can take approximately 5 minutes (including some slight inclines, flat walking areas, and elevators which are available 24 hours daily).
- Complimentary valet service is available at the Main Entrance to the hospital.
Check-in and Check-out:
- Check-in time is 3 p.m. or later.
- Check-out is at 12:00 noon.
Since there might be more than one family staying at the Guest House at the same time, we ask our guests to follow these guidelines.
- Wear a mask in indoor common areas when there are guests from outside your household present.
- All of the following are absolutely prohibited: alcohol consumption, pets,smoking, vaping, illegal drugs, weapon possession, cooking and eating in bedrooms.
- Label food in the refrigerator, and only touch your food.
- If eating at the dining table with guests from other households, sit six feet apart.
- When sharing the common areas, please wipe down high-touched surfaces (e.g., tables, counters, handles/knobs, remotes).
- Please remove any items you have placed in the refrigerator or kitchen cabinets while staying in the Guest House before you check out.
- It is your responsibility to keep your room locked and your key with you (lost key fee $50.00).
- Sequoia Hospital will not be liable for any lost or stolen articles.
- Persons may use and occupy the Guest House only with the expressed written permission of Sequoia Hospital. Permission for such use or occupancy may be revoked by the hospital, for any reason, at any time and at the hospital's sole discretion.
- Violations to any of the policies will be grounds for immediate eviction from the Guest House and denial of future use.
- Hospital staff are not permitted to provide any services at the Guest House, and Guest House staff do not assume the role of a healthcare provider. In case of a medical emergency while staying at the Guest House, call 911.
For any questions Monday through Friday 10AM through 3PM (except holidays), contact the Guest Services staff at (650) 261-6848. For any other times, contact the hospital operator at (650) 369-5811.
Use the form below to submit your request to stay in the Sequoia Hospital's Guest House. A guest house staff member will call you during office hours (Monday - Friday 10AM - 3PM, except holidays). Should the Sequoia Guest House not be available please use this link for a list of a few hotels in the Redwood City and surrounding areas.