Know Your Risk
There are many factors that affect how well your heart functions, including lifestyle habits, age, and family history. Take our Health Risk Assessment to find out where you stand.
Advanced Cardiac Care
Sequoia Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute is a nationally recognized heart and vascular program that provides comprehensive cardiac services. We deliver a wide range of advanced cardiac care treatments, innovative procedures including minimally invasive robotic surgery and cardiac valve repair, as well as diagnostic technology, preventive education and cardiac rehabilitation programs. At Sequoia Hospital’s Heart and Valve Institute, you can trust our expert doctors, cardiac specialists, nurses, and staff to help keep your heart beating strong, and prevent problems from developing. Call us at 888.988.9672 to learn more about the Heart and Vascular Institute.
Nationally Recognized for Cardiac Care
The Sequoia Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute has ranked among the nation’s leading providers of cardiovascular care for more than three decades. The surgeons and cardiologists at Sequoia treat some of the most complex cardiac cases in California. Our team is proud of the recognition we’ve received for providing exceptional patient care. Most recently:
- We are recognized among the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide for cardiac surgery by Healthgrades for the fourth consecutive year.
- We have a received a 5-Star Overall Hospital Rating, the highest possible, for the quality of its care from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for 2020.
- Our cardiac surgeons have performed more than 4,000 minimally invasive operations, which may help reduce hospital stay and shorten recovery times.
- We have an “A” Grade for Patient Safety in 2019 by the Leapfrog Group for the seventh consecutive year.
- We received a high performing Aortic Valve Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery and Heart Failure procedure ranking from US News and World Report for 2019/2020.
- We have one of the highest heart valve replacement survival rates in the nation, according to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
Know Your Risk - Take an Online Risk Assessment
Your heart has done so much for you and those you love. Isn’t it time you return the favor? Learn more about your risk for heart disease. Millions of people have at least one risk factor, yet many aren’t aware and don’t take steps to reduce their chances of developing heart disease.
We offer a heart health assessment and a peripheral artery disease assessment. You can take one or both to find out if you are at risk for heart disease or PAD, and what you can do to prevent them. It’s free and only takes a few minutes.
Our Heart And Vascular Services
Sequoia Hospital’s Heart and Valve Institute provides a full range of cardiac interventions and procedures as well as minimally invasive and comprehensive surgical services.
The cardiac surgeons at Sequoia Hospital are known for complex heart surgeries and have performed more than 4,000 operations using minimally invasive surgical techniques. This is why Sequoia Hospital often serves as one of the best options for high-risk cardiac patients. When appropriate, our surgeons can also perform coronary bypass surgery off the heart-lung machine. These techniques may help reduce the length of your hospital stay and shorten your recovery time.
Our Heart Surgery Procedures Include
- Aortic valve replacement
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Mitral valve repair or replacement
- Tricuspid valve replacement
- Complex surgery for patients who have undergone one or more previous cardiac operations
- Surgical MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation
Heart Disease Diagnostics and Intervention
If your physician recommends a procedure for you, you can rest assured that state of the art cardiac care is available at Sequoia Hospital. We provide a full range of cardiac interventions and procedures including:
- CathWorks FFRangio™ System
- EKG Holter Monitoring
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Exercise Treadmill Stress Testing
- Non-Invasive Lab (Vascular Diagnostic)
- Nuclear Medicine Testing
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Stress Echo
- Transesophageal Echo (TEE)
Helping you live a healthy life is just one of our goals at Sequoia’s Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute. If you’ve suffered a heart attack or had a life-saving procedure like heart surgery, our cardiac rehabilitation program can help to get you on the right track.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
Studies show that participating in a cardiac rehab program can:
- Increase your life expectancy
- Reduce hospitalizations for heart-related conditions
- Lower your risk of having another heart attack
- Improve your health so you develop fewer heart disease risk factors
- Reduce depression, anger and anxiety