Know Your Risk
There are many factors that affect how well your heart functions, including lifestyle habits, age, and family history. Take our Health Risk Assessment to find out where you stand.
Heart and Vascular Institute
The surgeons and cardiologists at Sequoia Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute treat some of the most complex cardiac cases in California.
Request a Doctor Referral
Mitral Valve Center
The surgeons and cardiologists at Sequoia Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute are known throughout the West Coast as experts in evaluating and treating mitral valve disorders. Learn More
Sequoia Hospital + Cleveland Clinic
Sequoia’s Heart and Vascular Institute is affiliated with the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute, ranked No. 1 in the nation for heart care since 1995 by U.S. News & World Report.
With this affiliation – the first of its kind in Northern California – we’re building on our respective records of excellence and bringing the future of cardiac care to those we serve. Most importantly it means our patients benefit from an exceptional and unmatched level of heart and vascular care.
As an affiliate heart program, we can bring Cleveland Clinic education to your desktop or mobile device. To learn more about heart disease and treatments options, please review the educational material on the Cleveland Clinic site: Heart Disorders & Patient Education.
Nationally Recognized for Cardiac Care
- We provide some of the fastest emergency cardiac care in California, beating the American Heart Association’s recommended treatment time nearly 100 percent of the time.
- We have one of the highest heart valve replacement survival rates in the nation, according to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- Our cardiac arrhythmia program has completed more than 5,000 atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) ablation procedures, making it one of the highest A-Fib ablation performing institutes on the West Coast.
- Our cardiac surgeons have performed more than 4,000 minimally invasive operations, which may help reduce hospital stay and shorten recovery times.
- We were designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care for demonstrating expertise in delivering safe and effective cardiac care in 2016.
- In Healthgrades' 2017 Report to the Nation, Sequoia was named as one of America’s 50 best hospitals for cardiac surgery and among top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for cardiac care, as well as a Five-Star recipient for valve surgery and treatment of heart attack.
It makes a difference where you’re treated for heart care, and we’re easy to reach on the San Francisco Peninsula.
Find A Doctor
Keeping Your Heart Beating Strong
When you need a cardiologist or heart surgeon, Dignity Health experts are standing by to help.
Our Heart And Vascular Services
At Sequoia, we have 24-hour emergency care and are designated as a STEMI center for the most serious type of heart attack. Our cardiology services also include: