Preparing for pregnancy, being pregnant and having a baby are all exciting times in your life—and we’re here to help. The labor and delivery staff at Dignity Health Sequoia Hospital provides personal, expert care for mothers and babies.
- 24-hour anesthesia, pediatrician, and OB doctor coverage
- An onsite Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) within our Birth Center. If your baby is premature or requires intensive care, your newborn will be cared for on site in the NICU by doctors and nurses from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford who specialize in neonatology care.
- Breastfeeding support during the hospital stay and through crucial early weeks in the life of a new baby. Consultants are registered nurses who are International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) certified.
- Vaccinations against whooping cough. We advise all baby caregivers, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, partners and nannies, be vaccinated against whooping cough.
- Obaby Designs offers newborn hospital photo sessions right in your room.
- Register for prenatal and postnatal classes, and orientation classes, at Classes and Events or call .
- Schedule varies. Please sign up by your 7th month of pregnancy.
- We also encourage expectant parents to review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Learn more about all of our maternity and family programs, offered by our Health & Wellness Center.
Zika Virus and pregnancy
See what other resources we have to help you better prepare for the arrival of your baby.