Classes & Events Home
If you are interested in registering for a 2021 class you will register on our new software system. If you have previously attended one of our classes you will need to complete a new registration. To register, click here
. To login after registering, click here
New Parent Support Group - Virtual
Sequoia Hospitals New Parent Support Group is committed to offering new parents the opportunity to explore their role in a supportive environment that lays the foundation for raising healthy, caring, and responsible children.
The Parent/Baby Support Group is a virtual group designed to provide a forum for dialogue and exchange of ideas to help contribute to successful parenting. The group is led by Sara Boudrie, RN, IBCLC, who provides discussion topics and encourages group interaction, networking, and sharing. The Sequoia Hospital Health and Wellness Center is committed to offering new parents the opportunity to explore their role in a supportive environment that lays the foundation for raising healthy, caring, and responsible children. We strive to be a community resource that will enhance your parenting adventure.
Topics: newborn behavior, infant crying, postpartum blues, feeding issues, returning to work, family adjustments
Class Fee: None
Thursdays, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
There are no fees required for attending the support group.
- Meeting ID: 923 4330 3507
- Password: Baby
Understanding Infant & Child Safety
Understanding Infant & Child Safety eClass is a unique online learning experience you can trust to give you the comprehensive information you need about how to keep your children safe from Day 1. In this class, you will learn how to protect your little ones through instructive video clips, infographics, stories, and interactive games. You’ll also learn which accidents and injuries are most common, what you can do to prevent them, and how to be prepared in the case of an emergency.
Our online Understanding Infant & Child Safety eClass will help you understand:
- Car Safety: Infant car seat, hot cars, carbon monoxide, backover & frontover safety
- Home Safety: Choking, suffocation & strangulation hazards, burn prevention, water safety
- Safe Baby Care: Safe sleep, food safety, outdoor safety, pets, siblings
- Safety Products: JPMA certification, baby- gear safety, baby gates, toy safety, childproofing products and much more.
Class Fee: $50.00 per household
This eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, different out-side resources, and games to teach all the essential information parents need to know to prepare for their birth. This childbirth class is ideal for those expectant parents who can’t attend an on-site childbirth class due to work schedules, time constraints, or medical conditions.
Our online childbirth class will help you:
- Understand pregnancy – what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise, and more
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process, and more
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners , and more
Class Fee: $85.00 per couple
This eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information parents need to know about breastfeeding. This breastfeeding class is ideal for those expectant parents who can’t attend an on-site class due to work schedules, time constraints, or medical conditions.
Our online preparation for breastfeeding class will help you understand:
- How breastfeeding works – importance of breastfeeding, how milk is produced, and more.
- How to breastfeed – positioning, latching, skin-to-skin, and more.
- Breastfeeding lifestyle – returning to work, storing milk, nutrition, and more.
- Breast care – fullness, engorgement, sore nipples, and more.
Class Fee: $50.00 per household
Understanding Your Newborn
This nine-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information you need to know as you prepare to become a new parent.
Our online infant care class will help you understand:
- Newborn behaviors – sleep patterns, alertness, crying and comforting and more
- Newborn health – signs of illness, umbilical cord stump care, vaccines and more
- Newborn safety – Car seats, pet safety, infant CPR, childcare, and more
- Feeding – breastfeeding, hunger cues, latching, burping, and more
Class Fee: $50.00 per household
Welcome to the Understanding Fatherhood eClass, a unique online learning experience that provides you (a soon to-be-dad!) with information you can trust.
This class will help guide you through your fatherhood journey – from pregnancy to birth and beyond, as well as all the things you can do to ease the transition of becoming a dad. Since this class focuses specifically on fatherhood, it’s recommended that you and mom also consider taking other classes together, such as childbirth education, breastfeeding and newborn care.
This class will teach you:
- Why dads are important
- What to expect from pregnancy and birth
- That having a wide range of emotions about becoming a dad is common and normal
- All the ways your life will change (for the better!) when your baby arrives
Through video clips, featuring real dads, and interactive activities, this eClass can help you feel more prepared for your parenting journey.
Class Fee: $50.00 per couple
Childbirth Preparation - Virtual
We are excited to offer a comprehensive childbirth preparation class on zoom for expectant mothers and their support person. Taught by a certified childbirth educator/Sequoia labor and delivery nurse, the class is designed to include an introduction to the Stages and Phases of Labor with emphasis on learning comfort techniques, labor support, and breathing exercises. We will discuss the labor process, hospital experience, medications options available, and both vaginal and cesarean deliveries. This class will include information about inductions, postpartum care, lactation support and what to expect in the first days of your newborn's life.
Class Fee: $125.00
Infant CPR for New Parents (provided by Sequoia Healthcare District) - Virtual
For parents and other caregivers who want to learn infant CPR and do not require a certified course completion card. This course is ideal for new parents, grandparents, babysitters and others interested in learning how to save an infant’s life.
Please call Sequoia Healthcare District for more information (650) 421-2155 or visit seqhd.org/heartsafe.