Volunteering at Sequoia Hospital offers you opportunities to enrich your life by giving your time and talents in the service of others. Volunteers meet others with similar interests and know they serve an important purpose in our community. Their presence adds humankindness to caring for patients and their loved ones. The one thing all Sequoia Hospital volunteers have in common is generosity: They give of themselves.
Volunteer Opportunities at Sequoia Hospital
Hospitality Volunteer (Front Lobby)
- Ensure a professional and responsive atmosphere by greeting patients, visitors, staff, and physicians promptly and courteously.
- Serve as a concierge and demonstrate knowledge of hospital departments; able to give accurate directions and information about the hospital to patients, visitors, and the ability to escort visitor/patient /family to destination.
- Reports any concerns regarding safety hazards, regular maintenance issues, and/or additional safety concerns.
- Assist the staff with NON-CLINICAL tasks as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Dependable, willing to accept direction and use good judgment.
- Enjoy interacting with the public.
- Basic computer skills (preferred)
- Complete the application process, including an interview, background check, orientation, and medical requirements.
- A minimum commitment of 100 hours of service is required, with one 3 hour shift per week. We will provide, at your request, a report of your hours for school or any other community service requirement, when you have completed 100 hours or more.
- Mondays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Tuesdays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Wednesdays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Thursdays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Fridays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Submit Application Online