To limit the spread of COVID-19 and for the safety of our staff and patients, Sequoia Hospital has implemented the following visitor guidelines for our maternity guests.
- Mothers are allowed one birth partner.
- Mothers who test COVID-negative may choose not to wear a mask in their room. Birth partners are asked to always wear a mask, including during delivery timeframe. Masks must be worn at all times by both mother and birth partner when outside of the room.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you for use throughout your stay.
- The birth partner will have 24-hour visitation privileges and will be screened for temperature and symptoms (cough, runny nose, etc.) prior to entry into the hospital. Only healthy partners will be allowed into the hospital.
- We are limiting items brought into the hospital from the outside, so we ask you only bring necessities with you. All linens and pillows are provided during your stay.
Visitor Food Accommodations
- A guest food tray will be provided at no cost to the birth partner. A standard meal is served.
- Vending machines are also available on site.
Visiting the NICU and Special Care Nursery
- One visitor, with baby band, is allowed. Because the NICU/SCN is a separate unit in the hospital, the mother counts as a visitor.
- Mothers (or another designated visitor with baby band) must wear a mask during visits. You will be provided with a new mask every 24 hours, unless you have a personal mask.
- All visitors are screened for wellness before entry in to the NICU/SCN.