Community outreach is very simply our mission in action - programs, services and support the hospitals provide to assist those less fortunate and to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
The Learning Center and Outreach Center, located in the heart of southeast Bakersfield, are operated by the Department of Special Needs and Community Outreach. Employees at these Centers touch the hearts and lives of hundreds of families and individuals. They also respond to requests for assistance with basic needs from people living in poverty and/or crisis. As part of a values-driven organization, the Centers are committed to preserving the dignity of each person by treating all clients with respect, justice, and compassion. The Centers seek to provide quality service to clients through positive collaborations with partners from other service agencies, businesses, and community volunteers.
All Programs Are At No Cost To Participants
- After School Program - Outreach Center
- Homework Club - Learning Center
- Breakfast Club - Outreach Center
- Bus Passes for verifiable medical appointments. Available at Outreach and Learning Centers
- Dinner Bell - Outreach Center
- Emergency Food Baskets - Available at Outreach and Learning Centers
- Hygiene Kits - Available at Outreach and Learning Centers
- Sack Lunches - Learning Center
- Referrals for Food/Clothing/Household Items - Available at Outreach and Learning Centers
- Free Health Screenings - Various locations. Click here for days and times.
- Senior Sacks - Learning Center
Learn More About Dignity Health's Community Outreach Programs
Please call 661.632.5562.
Dignity Health Learning Center - 631 E. California Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93307
Details & Directions: Dignity Health Learning Center
Dignity Health Outreach Center - 1102 S. Robinson Street, Bakersfield, CA 93307
Details & Directions: Dignity Health Outreach Center