We need to see you again
5 things to know if you're called back after a mammogram
It's normal to feel anxious if you're called back for more testing after having a mammogram. If that happens to you, keep these five things in mind:
- Less than 10% of women called back are diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Often, a callback just means your pictures weren't clear. Or doctors may need a closer look at an area of concern.
- In the vast majority of women, more testing reveals everything is OK.
- If something still looks suspicious, however, only a biopsy can determine if it's breast cancer.
- Even if you do need a biopsy, try to remember that most breast biopsy results are not cancer.