This guilt-free chocolate indulgence will trick your taste buds into thinking you are eating an actual Snickers® candy bar!
- 24 Medjool date, pitted
- 1/3 cup natural low-sodium creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove and discard the stems from the dates. With a sharp knife, carefully slice the dates lengthwise to remove and discard the pits; do not cut the dates fully in half. Place the opened dates on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the peanut butter to a zip-top bag or pastry bag. Slightly warm the peanut butter by gently working it in your hands to make it easier to pipe into the dates. Cut a small corner off of the bag and pipe about a ½ teaspoon into each date. Sprinkle each date with chopped peanuts.
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and olive oil and microwave for 15-second increments, stirring after each cycle, until smooth and melted.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into a zip-top bag or pastry bag. Cut a small corner off of the bag and generously drizzle over each date.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Serving size: 2 dates
Per Serving: Calories: 133 Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 18mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g
Copyright 2023 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Health eCooks® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: April 22, 2023
Editorial Review: Adam Fisher, Recipe & Content Manager, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Medical Review: Christina Wright, RD, LDN