Book Your Arrival Time
Every detail designed with our youngest patients in mind at the only dedicated pediatric emergency department between Los Angeles and Madera.
With the establishment of the Lauren Small Children’s Center in 2012, Memorial Hospital took a major step towards realizing its vision of providing comprehensive and specialized pediatric care close to home for the children of our community.
The Robert A. Grimm Children’s Pavilion for Emergency Services is the latest addition to the Lauren Small Children’s Center. The Children’s Pavilion is the only dedicated pediatric emergency department between Los Angeles and Madera and completes the continuum of care for pediatric patients in Kern County.
The Lauren Small Children’s Center at Memorial Hospital consists of:
- Robert A. Grimm Children's Pavilion for Emergency Services
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: an eight bed PICU at Memorial opened in 2012. It is the only PICU between Los Angeles and Madera
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: a 31-bed Level II NICU
- Bolthouse Family Pediatric Acute Care Unit: 35-bed inpatient unit
- Grossman Burn Center: 8-bed unit provides comprehensive burn care to patients of all ages
- Helen Taylor Cobbs Children’s Healing Garden
- Ronald McDonald House
The new Children’s Pavilion is located adjacent to the existing emergency department and features separate waiting and treatment areas for pediatric patients. It includes an urgent care “fast track” exclusively for these patients.
All patients are seen by doctors and nurses specially trained in pediatric medicine. The Children’s Pavilion enables Memorial Hospital to deliver essential care in a comforting environment for children and their families.