If you have already gone through the gamut of diet, exercise and sacrifice without achieving significant, sustainable weight loss, bariatric surgery such as gastric bypass, gastric banding, or a sleeve gastrectomy may be the answer.
Bariatric surgery is not cosmetic and should not be considered based on simply “looking better.” There are risks with any surgery, so this alternative should be an option only after serious discussion with your physician to determine:
- If surgery is the right treatment for you.
- If you are mentally and emotionally prepared to make lifelong lifestyle changes.
- If you have the support system you need to succeed.
Everyone is different but weight loss surgery could be an option for you if you:
- Are more than 100 pounds over your ideal body weight
- Have a BMI of 40 or above
- Have tried multiple weight loss programs without lasting success
- Would like to lose weight for health reasons
If you meet these requirements, you should discuss the risks and benefits to determine which surgical option is best for you: gastric bypass, gastric banding, or a sleeve gastrectomy.
The First Step to Weight Loss
The best way to get started is to attend one of our free seminars to get the information you need to make an educated decision on whether bariatric surgery is right for you.
Register for an upcoming informational seminar.
Learn More about Bariatric Surgery at Mercy Hospitals
To learn more about bariatric surgery at Mercy Hospitals, please call (855) 414-1312 or contact us by email at [email protected].
If you're looking for a doctor, please call (855) 560-0316 or visit Find A Doctor.