Preparing for Hospitalization
We want to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
Staying in the hospital can be disruptive to your daily routine. There are several steps you can take to prepare for your scheduled surgery or hospital visit. We suggest the following to ensure a smooth admitting process and to make your stay more comfortable:
For Your Convenience, Please Bring:
- List of medications and herbal supplements you are taking and information on how much and how often you take them
- Clothing such as a bathrobe, slippers, and sleepwear (you will be provided with a hospital gown if you prefer)
- For outpatient services, bring your doctor's order for the diagnostic test(s) you will receive
- Insurance information and identification, including all necessary authorizations
- Protective cases for your eyeglasses, hearing aids, and contact lenses
Please do not bring valuables to the hospital. If possible, limit your belongings to clothing and toilet articles. Please be careful with your glasses, hearing aids, and dentures. Keep those items in their proper storage cases when not in use.
All medications you take during your hospitalizations must be dispensed by our pharmacy. Personal medications are not allowed at the bedside. We encourage you to leave your medications at home. However, your medications may sometimes be stored in the pharmacy and dispensed by the nurse with your doctor's order.
For more information about your Dignity Health hospital stay, please call (805) 489-4261.