Life’s First Hellos Start Here
Welcome your baby to the family with support from ours.
When it’s time for your baby to come into the world, let your miracle start at Marian Regional where comfort and technology combine to embrace you and your family.
Having Your Baby At Marian
Marian offers comfortable labor and delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms for you and your family. We know how important it is to have your loved ones around you, especially at this special time of life. New fathers can spend the night on a pull-out bed; even siblings can be present during the birth of your new baby should you desire.
Each private room features a large private bathroom with a shower, a Jacuzzi tub and all new appliances. We want it to be like a home away from home, at least while you’re here.
From the comfort of your own home, you may wish to pre-register online.
There are many health benefits you can pass directly to your baby when you breastfeed. Marian’s certified lactation consultants can help you and your baby bond.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Big care for our smallest patients.
Kids do the darndest things, like getting scraped up. But if your child needs hospital care for something more serious, Marian Regional Medical Center’s pediatric department is here to help.
When you need help before your baby is born, the experts at Marian Regional can help, with comprehensive care.
An Outpatient Childbirth Clinic
Our clinic provides specialized care for pregnant women with circumstances that require extra medical attention and is a designated State Prenatal Diagnosis Center. Our focus is on providing for the special maternity needs of pregnant women.
This includes women who:
- Require routine screening
- Are at risk for pre-term delivery
- Are expecting twins or multiple babies
- Have experienced previous miscarriages
- Have pre-gestational or gestational diabetes
- Have high blood pressure, a family history of genetic disease or have experienced complications in previous pregnancies.
Meet The Perinatal Center Team
- Genetic Counselor: Saun Floyd
- Medical Assistant: Jessica Reyes
- Medical Director and Perinatologist: Laurence Shields, MD
- Program Nurse Coordinator: Marilyn Propst, RN
- Sonographers (ultrasound technicians): Bonnie Urias, RDMS
- Sweet Success (Diabetes in Pregnancy) Program Staff: Letecia Burdumy, RN, BSN, CDE
The clinic is located in the Marian Hancock Building:
116 S. Palisade Drive, Suite 102
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Learn More About Our Perinatal Center
To learn more about our services and how we can help, please call us at or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.