OXNARD, CA – August 17, 2020 – Dignity Health's St. John's Healthcare Foundation is pleased to announce it has reached its $16 million goal to support the modernization and expansion projects at both St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital (SJPVH) in Camarillo, and St. John's Regional Medical Center (SJRMC) in Oxnard.
The Circle of Dignity Campaign is a $16 million fundraising campaign dedicated to further improving patient care with expanded technological capabilities and enhanced facilities. With the generous contributions of donors, hospital staff, and volunteers, St. John's Hospitals will propel into a new era of health care, providing critical services to our growing communities.
"Our communities deserve access to physicians from top medical schools, the most advanced technologies, and facilities that support care and healing," said Darren Lee, President and CEO of St. John's Regional Medical Center and St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital. "These enhancements improve patient care and ensure that our hospitals continue to meet the needs of our community—today, and for future generations."
The community has been eager to support this effort, which provides upgraded health care technology and services to Ventura County. St. John's Healthcare Foundation received more than 2,000 gifts toward campaign efforts from nearly 900 donors.
"We are extremely grateful for the support of the donors who aligned with our vision for the future of health care in our communities," said Dan Burrell, Board Chair of St. John's Healthcare Foundation. "Because of its magnitude, and the impact it will have on our residents, this is the most celebrated campaign in the history of the foundation. We are proud to support St. John's Hospitals in their endeavors to provide our community with the best care possible."
The $100 million-plus modernization and expansion is being partially funded through the Circle of Dignity fundraising campaign, which will support the following projects:
St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital:
- Three-story patient addition
- State-of-the-art Catheterization Lab
- Surgical Suite with two general purpose operating rooms and one multipurpose operating room
- 50 spacious, private patient rooms
- Main Lobby and Welcome Center
- Entrance and amenities, including a new café and gift shop
- 12-bay combined pre-operative and post anesthesia care units (PACU)
- New bridge-way from parking lot to the addition
- St. John's Chapel
St. John's Regional Medical Center:
- Modernization and expansion of the Emergency Department
- New Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU), including 20 private patient rooms
- Expansion of the Labor and Delivery Unit
- Centralized entrance for women's health services
- Private and convenient patient discharge area
- Mercy Cross Tower
Many of these projects have been completed, with the remaining scheduled for opening in 2021. Most recently and after much anticipation, SJRMC opened the doors to its new Emergency Department, which spans more than 6,500 square feet and is part of a larger initiative to modernize and expand the facility. While SJRMC has always provided the community with board certified emergency physicians, skilled nurses, and an exceptional team, the staff and patients will now benefit from the following amenities:
- An improved patient and ambulance entrance
- A new and sizeable waiting area
- Three essential and private triage rooms
- Centralized nurse's station with sophisticated monitoring capabilities
- Sizeable private treatment rooms that have been configured to accommodate various medical
To learn more, visit www.supportstjohns.org/what-we-support/circle-of-dignity.
About Dignity Health St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital and St. John’s Regional Medical Center
St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital in Camarillo and St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Oxnard are members of Dignity Health Central Coast, an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety and service. Both hospitals are supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Hospitals in the Dignity Health Central Coast region also include Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, Marian Regional Medical Center in Santa Maria. Learn more at dignityhealth.org/pleasantvalley and dignityhealth.org/stjohnsregional.