Keep Your Heart Healthy for Those Who Are in It
The St. John’s Heart and Vascular Institute at St. John’s Regional Medical Center is rated among the top 10% in the nation for quality cardiac excellence and we are pleased to now expand our award-winning program at our NEW St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital.
Your heart doesn’t beat just for you. So don’t wait to see if you’re at risk for heart disease. Dignity Health’s St. John’s Hospitals are rated among the top five percent in the nation for overall cardiac services and critical care by Healthgrades.
Electrophysiology (EP) is the science of diagnosing and treating electrical activities of the heart, or heart rhythm disorders. Doctors specializing in EP treat irregular heartbeats that are the result of abnormal electrical impulses that cause the heart to beat too quickly, too slowly, or irregularly.
Award-Winning Cardiac Care
The St. John’s Heart and Vascular Institute at St. John’s Regional Medical Center is rated among the top 10% in the nation for quality cardiac excellence. We are pleased to now expand our award-winning program at St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital. St. John’s Hospitals are consistently recognized for outstanding heart care:
- Get With the Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, American Heart Association, 2018
- Recognized on the Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll, American Heart Association, 2018
- Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll from American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, 2016
- Designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Primary Stroke Center Certified, as recognized by the Joint Commission
Heart Attack Signs and Symptoms
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that about 720,000 Americans have a heart attack each year. The cardiac care team at St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital are equipped and ready to treat you.
Heart Disease in Women
Women have unique lifestyle and health care needs when it comes to their heart. At St. John's, we tailor our services and treatments to meet each person's needs.
Stay Heart Healthy
At St. John’s, one of our goals is to help patients manage heart disease in their daily lives. It's important to act before you have a heart attack. Start taking preventive measures today to protect your heart.