Awards and Recognitions
Board of Directors
End of Life Option Act
Expansion and Modernization Project
New Hospital Now Open
Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Physicians and Residents
Sponsorship Request Application
Volunteering at St. John's
If you have accidentally touched an exposed wire or used a faulty appliance, the jolt of an electrical shock can cause your skin to burn. Call 911 immediately for severe cases of shock on the Central Coast of California.
In addition to burns, an electrical shock injury can hurt internal organ, cause cardiac arrest, or even death. Dignity Health Central Coast provides personalized care for electrical shock symptoms.
Not all electrical shocks cause skin burns. Emergency doctors at Dignity Health Central Coast advise that other signs of electrical shock from high voltage or lightning are:
Your healing and well-being remain our focus. If you experience an electrical shock, even with just a minor burn, see your doctor since you may have a more serious internal injury.
To prevent electrical shock you should first unplug the source of electricity if you or another person remains in contact with it. Do not touch the person if they remain in contact with the electricity. If you can’t turn off the source, use rubber or wood to move the person away from it.
Call 911 for emergency assistance, begin first aid for shock, or start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), if necessary. To speak to an expert about electrical shock on the Central Coast, Find a Doctor at Dignity Health.
Dignity Health emergency care doctors treat a range of conditions, including electrical shock, throughout the Central Coast of California.