Open Enrollment gives you the opportunity to consider new health care options. You may choose a new health plan or choose a new doctor or both. Decisions about your health plan and your doctor are connected and important for your health. Dignity Health can help you during Open Enrollment so you have the information you need to make the choices best suited to your health care needs.
Step 1: Be sure you know when Open Enrollment takes place.
Open Enrollment takes place at different times depending upon how you purchase your health plan:
- CalPERS: September 18 – October 13, 2023
- Medicare Advantage: October 15 – December 7, 2024
- Individual Plans, purchased through Covered California or outside of Covered California: November 1, 2023 – January 31, 2024
- Plans through Employers: Open Enrollment dates vary but usually takes place 60 to 90 days before the first date of coverage.
Step 2: Review your health plan options.
Even if you are happy with the plan you have, it’s a good idea to take a look at the other choices available. A different plan may be a better match for your health care needs and may even save you money. Spending a little time reviewing the benefits of the plans offered is a great investment toward having coverage that will meet your needs for the coming year. You will also want to check whether your current doctor is in the health plan’s network of providers, which includes doctors, hospitals and other types of facilities, like surgery centers. This information is available on the health plan’s website. If you currently see a Pacific Central Coast Health Centers doctor and want to be able to receive services at other Dignity Health facilities on the Central Coast, here is a list of the plans to consider:
- Anthem Select HMO
- Anthem Traditional HMO
- Blue Shield Access+ HMO
- Health Net SmartCare HMO
- Networks by Design
- AARP Medicare Complete Secure Horizons HMO
- Blue Shield 65 Plus
Step 3: Choose your doctor.
If you are enrolling in an HMO plan, you will be asked to include your doctor’s name and provider number on your application. Pacific Central Coast Health Centers physicians are part of Physicians Choice IPA. You may also be asked to include the IPA information on your application.
If you need to choose a new physician we can help you find the physician that's right for you.
By choosing Physicians Choice IPA during open enrollment, you’ll gain access to Dignity Health’s local network:
- More than 350 highly trained and experienced local physicians
- Nationally acclaimed health programs on the Central Coast
- Award-winning facilities: French Hospital Medical Center, Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Marian Regional Medical Center and Pacific Central Coast Health Centers which include nearly 50 primary care and specialty locations as well as imaging centers, labs and acute care facilities
If you have additional questions Call Physicians Choice IPA at (888) 560-8799.