A primary care provider (PCP) is typically your first point of contact for all your health issues. This is the doctor or nurse practitioner you see for common health problems. Having a PCP offers you an ongoing, trusting relationship with one medical professional over time.
Their role is to:
- Provide preventive care and teach healthy lifestyle choices
- Identify and treat common medical conditions
- Assess the urgency of your medical problems and direct you to the best place for that care
- Make referrals to medical specialists when necessary
At Pacific Central Coast Health Centers, our primary care providers fall into two categories:
Family Medicine: These providers care for individuals across their life span, from childhood to adulthood. Their scope of practice may include obstetrics and minor surgery.
Internal Medicine: These providers care for adults of all ages, for many different medical problems. Internists diagnose and provide long-term, comprehensive care and manage both common and complex diseases.
The caring physicians and staff at our Pacific Central Coast Health Centers locations are looking forward to caring for you and your family.
LOCATIONS - CITIES
San Luis Obispo
- Med Plus Atascadero | 5920 West Mall | Atascadero, CA 93422 | P: (805) 466-0676 | F: (805) 466-4862
- Med Plus Lompoc | 217 W. Central Avenue | Suite G | Lompoc, CA 93436 | P: (805) 735-4292 | F: (805) 735-4293