Comprehensive Cancer Care
Mercy and Memorial Hospitals, together with our partner the Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center (CBCC), are dedicated to meeting the special needs of patients who have cancer and their families. Our experienced team of caregivers is committed to providing high quality care for the mind, body, and spirit.
Cancer Patient Navigator
There is a lot that comes with a diagnosis of cancer. But you don't have to manage it alone. Our Cancer Patient Navigator can guide you through every step of treatment, from paperwork to scheduling to coping with emotions.
Your Cancer Patient Navigator can:
- Coordinate communication between you and your health care team
- Help coordinate appointments
- Explain procedures and treatments
- Help you and your family connect with the variety of support services available to you
- Offer support with educational, practical, emotional, or logistical issues
- Be your compassionate, helping hand throughout your journey
The program is FREE and available to help anyone whether newly diagnosed, currently involved in cancer treatment, or experiencing a recurrence. With you Cancer Patient Navigator as your guide, you can focus on healing and continuing to live life to the fullest.
Contact the Cancer Patient Navigator at .
CBCC is one of the nation's largest freestanding cancer centers and is home to advanced options for the treatment of cancer. Staying at the forefront when it comes to technology is a priority. For example, CBCC is one of only a handful of locations on the West Coast to offer CyberKnife, a revolutionary non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment of tumors anywhere in the body. The commitment means we bring the most advanced treatment options to our patients.
Please visit CBCCusa.com to learn more.
The Dignity Health Infusion Center is conveniently located inside CBCC and is a comfortable, peaceful environment for patients receiving infusion therapy.
Infusion services provided by our specialized staff include:
- Antibiotic therapy
- Blood transfusions and vaccinations
- Fluids for dehydration
- Side-effect-prevention treatment via injection or intravenous infusion
- Central line draws/dressing changes
- Infusion education
Dignity Health offers specialized surgical options for the treatment of cancer, including daVinci robotic-assisted surgery, available at Memorial Hospital. Skilled surgeons with the support of experienced anesthesiologists, nurses, and other ancillary staff are committed to ensuring our patients have the best outcome possible.
Inpatient Oncology Unit
The inpatient oncology unit at Mercy Hospital Downtown, unit brings patients with cancer together with specialized nursing care in a single dedicated space. This enhancement allows for improved coordination of care and a better overall experience for our patients and their families.
The inpatient oncology unit at Mercy Hospital Downtown offers:
- Oncology certified nurses who have knowledge and experience caring for patients experiencing the complex problems that can be associated with cancer
- Daily visits from the team of caregivers involved in each patient’s care
- Family accommodations so loved ones can comfortably spend the night
- Family lounge that provides a comfortable place for families to visit away from the bedside
- Art for Healing programs offered regularly on the unit and by request
- Support group that meets on the unit
CBCC is part of the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center's Translational Oncology Research International (TORI) network. This partnership allows our patients early access to the latest clinical trials without having to travel to UCLA.
To learn more about clinical trials at CBCC, visit CBCCusa.com.
Learn More About Cancer Services
Learn more about cancer services at Memorial Hospital.
If you are looking for a doctor, please call 661.324.7070 or visit Find a Doctor.