Know Your Risk
Cancer threatens some more than others. Take our quick online health risk assessments to learn your personal risk factors for some of the most common cancers affecting both men and women.
Dignity Health and Comprehensive Blood & Cancer Center (CBCC) provide world-class care here at home. Our cancer services extend beyond the traditional doctor-patient relationship. They start with a range of screening options for early detection and continue through personalized treatment following a cancer diagnosis—enabling you to take charge of your health.
Learn Your Risk Factors
Together with our partner, Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center (CBCC), Mercy and Memorial Hospitals are dedicated to meeting the special needs of patients who have cancer and their families. Our experienced team of caregivers is committed to providing high quality care for the mind, body, and spirit. Our health risk assessments take only a few minutes to complete, but can offer invaluable insights on your personal risk factors for developing some of the most common types of cancers.
Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center (CBCC) is one of the nation's largest freestanding cancer centers and is home to advanced options for the treatment of cancer. Staying at the forefront when it comes to technology is a priority. For example, CBCC is one of only a handful of locations on the West Coast to offer CyberKnife®, a revolutionary non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment of tumors anywhere in the body. The commitment means we bring the most advanced treatment options to our patients.
Pain-free, non-surgical, and given on an out-patient basis, the CyberKnife® can deliver targeted radiation therapy to a tumor located anywhere in the body from virtually unlimited positions.
The CyberKnife® System's advantages include:
- The ability to treat tumors anywhere in the body
- Continual tracking, detection and correction for tumor and patient movement throughout the treatment
- Delivering high-dose radiation with sub-millimeter accuracy, minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue
- Treating tumors from virtually unlimited directions using flexible robotic mobility
- Providing an option for patients diagnosed with inoperable or surgically complex tumors
- Improving the patient's quality of life during and after treatment
- Non-invasive alternative to surgery that can be completed in as few as one to five visits
- Outpatient, pain-free procedure with little or no recovery time or side effects
- Allows for an immediate return to normal activities
- Ability to re-irradiate previously treated sites
The Dignity Health Infusion Center is conveniently located inside the Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center (CBCC) and is a comfortable, peaceful environment for patients receiving infusion therapy. Infusion services provided by our specialized staff include:
- Antibiotic therapy
- Blood transfusions and vaccinations
- Fluids for dehydration
- Side-effect-prevention treatment via injection or intravenous infusion
- Central line draws/dressing changes
- Infusion education
- Surgical Service
Dignity Health also offers specialized surgical options for the treatment of cancer, including daVinci robotic-assisted surgery, available at both Memorial Hospital and the S.A. Camp Companies Robotic Surgical Center at Mercy Hospitals.
Inpatient Oncology Services
The inpatient oncology unit at Mercy Hospital Downtown is the only of its kind in Kern County and brings patients with cancer together with specialized nursing care in a single dedicated space. This enhancement allows for improved coordination of care and a better overall experience for our patients and their families.
Learn More About Cancer Services
Cancer threatens some more than others. Our health risk assessments take only a few minutes to complete, but can offer invaluable insights on your personal risk factors for developing some of the most common types of cancers.
Details & Directions
Details & Directions: Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center - CBCC