Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in this country. At the Sequoia Hospital Lung Cancer program, we offer Bay Area lung cancer patients a comprehensive approach to treatment that includes a focus on early detection.
Comprehensive Care, Innovative Procedures
In a unique collaboration with doctors from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center, Sequoia’s Lung Cancer Program offers:
- Comprehensive medical and surgical care, including chemotherapy and radiation therapy, to individuals diagnosed with any stage of lung cancer
- Expert diagnostic and pulmonary medicine care
- State-of-the-art early detection for lung cancer in higher risk individuals
- University-level care right in your community hospital
Awareness And Early Detection
Sequoia’s Lung Cancer Early Detection program is a participating member of the International Early Lung Cancer Action Program (I-ELCAP). We are one of only 50 institutions worldwide participating in I-ELCAP, the first research study of its kind evaluating the effectiveness of screening for lung cancer with low-dose CT scanning.
I-ELCAP is designed specifically for lung cancer screening in:
- Patients who do not have symptoms but may meet other qualifying criteria.
- Patients are age 40 and over, typically with a history of smoking at least 100 cigarettes in a lifetime.
Patients who do not qualify for I-ELCAP, or do not want to participate in the trial, will be referred to lung cancer specialists for a consultation.
This clinical pathway reflects Sequoia’s unique, comprehensive approach to lung cancer diagnosis and treatment. It is overseen by a program coordinator who also provides individual patient education and support.
Learn More About The Lung Cancer Program At Sequoia Hospital
For more information about lung cancer care, please call (650) 367-5864.