Dignity Health Mercy and Memorial Hospitals are proud of the high quality, compassionate care we provide to members of our community. Our hospitals have been recognized as follows for providing top quality care:
- Mercy and Memorial Hospitals have received the Gold Seal of Approval and Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission
- UNICEF/WHO's Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative has recognized Mercy and Memorial Hospitals as Baby-Friendly® hospitals, the highest accreditation for birth centers.
- Memorial Hospital was recognized by the National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification Program as a Gold Safe Sleep Champion for its commitment to best practices and education on infant safe sleep. Memorial is the only hospital in Kern County and was the second in the state of California to receive this title.
- Memorial Hospital has achieved Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC. Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in Kern County and only the second hospital in California to achieve the Pathway to Excellence designation. This designation identifies the elements of work environments where nurses can flourish, substantiates the professional satisfaction of nurses at Memorial Hospital, and identifies it as one of the best places to work.
- Memorial Hospital received Chest Pain Center Accreditation with PCI from the American College of Cardiology
- Mercy Hospitals is designated as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Spine Surgery and Knee & Hip Replacement by Anthem Blue Cross, as well as a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Shield of California for Maternity Care and Bariatrics.
- Memorial Hospital is designated as a Blue Distinction Center® by Blue Shield of California for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Care, and Maternity Care.
- Dignity Health Memorial Hospital earned the 2020 Mission: Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. This award signifies a commitment to guideline adherence and quality improvement for the STEMI patient population. Achieving Mission: Lifeline Recognition denotes a commitment to high quality systems of care amongst STEMI Receiving Centers, STEMI Referring Hospitals, 911 EMS Agencies, Interfacility Transport Agencies and other supporting system participants through collaborative efforts, including quality improvement priorities outside the doors of your own facility.
- Dignity Health Memorial Hospital earned the 2020 Get With The Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll. This award recognizes Dignity Health Bakersfield Memorial Hospital's commitment and success in implementing a high standard of stroke care by ensuring that their stroke patients receive treatment that meets nationally accepted, evidence-based standards and recommendations.
- Dignity Health Memorial Hospital earned Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center (TSC certification from The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association (AHA/ASA. Memorial Hospital is the hospital in Bakersfield to join the elite group of nationally recognized organizations to receive advanced certification in this live-saving procedure.
- Mercy & Memorial Hospitals received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospitals' commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
- Memorial Hospital received the Mission: Lifeline® Gold Plus Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
- Memorial Hospital received the Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI Bronze Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer heart attacks.
- Memorial Hospital was voted Best of Kern –Best Hospital by the Best Of Readers’ Choice Poll from TBC Media.
- Mercy Hospital Southwest was voted Best of Kern – Favorite Hospital by the Best Of Readers’ Choice Poll from TBC Media.
- Memorial Hospital received an A Rating in patient safety from the Leapfrog Group.
- Memorial Hospital awarded the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Elite Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Mercy Hospital was awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Memorial Hospital was awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.