During pregnancy, it’s normal to worry about your baby’s health and development. Maternity services at Dignity Health Central California include quality prenatal tests, which gives you and your doctor special insight into your baby’s overall well-being. These tests also check for pregnancy-related complications, such as gestational diabetes.
Our goal for prenatal testing is to monitor your baby’s development, so you can make informed health care decisions during your pregnancy and after birth. To begin prenatal testing in Central California or to learn which screening is best for you, Find a Doctor online.
Noninvasive Prenatal Testing at Dignity Health Central California
Most prenatal tests are noninvasive, pain-free procedures. Prenatal diagnostic tests may require the use of needles, swabs, and other instruments.
When you’re pregnant, you may receive one or more of the following screenings:
- Early ultrasound, to confirm pregnancy, your due date, or multiple gestation
- Blood tests, which check for anemia and infections
- Amniocentesis, which can check your baby’s lung development
- Chorionic villus sampling, to check for genetic diseases and birth defects
- Biophysical profile, a two-part test that assesses your baby’s overall well-being
What to Expect with Prenatal Testing
You may be wondering which test you or your baby will need. Your doctor will let you know which screenings are important and what to expect.
You can ask your doctor the following questions to help you prepare for prenatal testing:
- What are the risks of this test?
- Why do you recommend this test?
- How will the results affect the management of my pregnancy and birth?
- What information will this test give?
- Are there any alternatives to this type?
Prenatal genetic testing can ease your concerns and help you understand how your baby is developing. You can trust the experienced maternity experts at Dignity Health Central California for quality prenatal testing that helps you care for your baby.
Dignity Health Central California offers prenatal testing in Bakersfield, Merced, and Stockton, CA.