Dignity Health Central Coast Hospitals Now Accepting Coronavirus Pandemic Support Grant Applications
Download Letter from Patty Herrera
CENTRAL COAST, CA – June 29, 2020 – Dignity Health Central Coast, which includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital (AGCH), French Hospital Medical Center (FHMC), and Marian Regional Medical Center (MRMC), is now accepting applications for our Coronavirus Pandemic Support Grant program.
Criteria for applying for these funds are the following:
- Applicant must be a 501©3 tax-exempt organization
- Applicant’s annual operating budget must be $500,000 or less
- Grant requests can range from $5,000 to $20,000
- Applicant delivers programs and services that address one or more significant health needs in the hospital’s most recent Community Health Needs Assessment
- Applicant demonstrates that the coronavirus pandemic has negatively impacted or put at risk the organization’s ability to continue some of all such programs and services; and
- Applicant commits to use grant funds for expenses (e.g., rent, salaries/benefits, utilities, supplies, and direct program costs) that directly support the continuation of programs or services that meet the definition of “community benefit” in the Internal Revenue Service’s Form 990, Schedule H (Hospitals), including but not limited to community health improvement services.
If a non-for-profit organization is interested in applying for these funds, please contact Patty Herrera for a Request for Full Proposal (RFP) application.
Completed RFP applications are due July 31, 2020 by 5pm. Notification to applicants selected for funding will be on October 1, 2020 and funds will be distributed in November, 2020.
For questions please contact Patty Herrera, Dignity Health Central Coast Community Grant representative, at (805) 739-3593.
About Dignity Health of the Central Coast
Dignity Health of the Central Coast is an integrated network of top quality hospitals, physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services including primary care offices, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically-advanced laboratories and imaging centers and a full service home health agency; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. For more information visit www.arroyograndehospital.org; www.frenchmedicalcenter.org; www.marianmedicalcenter.org.
Publish date:Monday, June 29, 2020